Part Time Employee. Part time employees work a variable or fixed number of hours per week on average at an agreed upon hourly rate not less than minimum wage. They are not subject to CIB leave and holiday policies and participation in benefit plans is not offered. The Administrative Specialist position will average 21 hours per week, typically worked in 3 – 7-hour days. On occasion additional hours and/or some night and weekend work is required, at most once or twice a month and notice will be given prior. Schedules are developed in advance with supervisors.
The Administrative Specialist works under the supervision of the Development Coordinator and the Office Manager to support the Development Program (including all database management) (~75% of time) and the organization’s administrative and program functions (~25% of time). The Administrative Specialist supports the daily activities of the Development Coordinator and the Office Manager. Support activities include data entry and database operations, updating constituent and donor contact information, preparing communications, assistance with event planning and implementation, meeting scheduling and preparation, developing and managing requests for proposals, purchasing and greeting visitors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative Specialist will;
- Enter data, manage data, and generate reports in the Center’s constituent communications and fundraising database. (Bloomerang)
- Assist the Development Coordinator with program communications including mass postal mailings and mass emails as well as follow up cultivation tasks.
- Schedule meetings and provide meeting and event support including setup, gathering supplies, breakdown, and note taking.
- Conduct purchasing and procurement operations in accordance with Center procurement policies.
- Keep up with front desk responsibilities and CIB common visitor areas, ensuring informational material is up to date, fresh looking, and properly displayed.
- As the first point of contact for visitors to the Center, the Administrative Specialist is responsible for greeting visitors and answering the general voicemail box in a friendly, welcoming, and professional manner.
- Ability to answer queries from the public about programs, and general CIB information, or to direct complex questions to the appropriate staff member.
- Assist with the upkeep of CIB offices.
- Research vendors, prepare, distribute and manage requests for proposals for services.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Development Coordinator, Office Manager and Executive Director.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is performed in almost entirely within an office environment with some outside site visits. Assignments may require bending, climbing, crawling, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping, walking in rough terrain. Evening or weekend work to host and attend meetings and events may be required on occasion. The position is subject to the Center’s Employee Handbook.
Email cover letter, resume and 3 references in a single PDF document to – [email protected]
Applications accepted through 6/26
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political belief, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or military status, genetic information and marital or familial status