HISTORIC LEWES FARMERS MARKET OPERATIONS MANAGER
The non-profit Historic Lewes Farmers Market (HLFM) manages the largest producer-only farmers market in the Delmarva. In addition to two weekly farmers markets, the HLFM provides alternative educational and marketing opportunities and programs for emerging farmers throughout the year with the goal of creating a local and sustainable food system in the Delmarva. We are looking for the right individual to oversee the HLFM’s office and operations including HLFM’s programs and markets. The Historic Lewes Farmers Market is an equal opportunity employer.
1. Organize office operations and procedures; help manage correspondence; designs filing systems; review and approve supply requisitions; monitor other office functionality including IT oversight—making sure systems are secure, updated, and in order for both office staff and visitors using Wi-Fi. Make sure office is clean, orderly, and safe.
2. Design procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
3. Help ensure that vendors follow HLFM’s mission, rules, regulations, and vendor contracts and address non-compliance equitably and in accordance with Board’s policies.
4. Responsible for vendor payment management in accordance with Board’s policies.
5. Responsible for HLFM’s communications with vendors and customers.
6. Work independently, in accordance with HLFM’s mission and Board policies, procedures, and guidance, to manage HLFM’s day-to-day operational activities including ordering, receiving, and transporting equipment and supplies and scheduling personnel to ensure all are on-site for each weekly market.
7. Staff the HLFM office on a regular prearranged schedule.
8. Work from the HLFM office, and frequent on-site presence at weekly markets.
9. Other duties as needed.
• Attend monthly Sunday (9:30 am to 12 pm) HLFM Board meetings as a non-voting member.
• Continue/cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with local businesses, non-profits, schools, and community groups.
• Perform/assign operational details to ensure successfully run weekly farmers markets, programs, and HLFM office.
• Communicate each week with the HLFM Board member assigned as Market Master concerning potential vendor, volunteer, community relations, health, agricultural, and public safety details/issues.
• Assist with fund-raising events as needed, working with HLFM’s Board of Advisors, HLFM Board, Subcommittees, and volunteers.
• Assist board and subcommittees as needed.
Competencies & Skills:
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Must be proficient in Excel, Google Docs and Google Sheets. Microsoft Publisher a plus.
• Supply management and inventory control.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Two years of college
• Ability to endorse, understand, and champion HLFM’s mission statement, particularly the characteristics of a producer-only local farmers market.
• Previous event management a plus.
• Proactive and able to work independently.
• Strong work ethic / desire to go above and beyond.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs. and walk up flights of stairs to second floor office
Reports to Board President.
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Vacation: 35 hours of vacation after one year anniversary
Please send resume with email address, and phone number where we may contact you. Also send a cover letter telling us why you want this position to: [email protected]