March 20th, 2017 - 10:00 am to March 24th, 2017 - 4:00 pm
The Lewes Tulip Celebration Photography Contest - 2017
Rules and Deadlines for Submission
2017 Categories are:
1. Lewes Architecture
2. Lewes Landscapes
3. Quintessential Lewes (iconic image that could only be in Lewes, i.e. Doo Dah parade)
4. Lewes Tulips
5. Lewes Food
6. Lewes Black & White (No sepia submissions in this category.)
1. All images must be photographed in the Lewes geographic area.
2. The Lewes Black & White category is new in 2017. No sepia submissions in this category.
3. Photographers self-select the category for each of their submissions. Each image can only be entered in one category - i.e. Image entered in Black & White category cannot be entered in another category in color.
4. Each photograph must have a WHITE or TAN matte and both the photograph and the matte must be securely attached to a mounting or backing board. Due to damp weather, spray mounting is not permitted
5. Framing is NOT permitted NOR may the photographer’s name appear neither on the matt NOR on the photograph. Do not enclose the photograph with cellophane bags or envelopes.
6. The total dimension of the photograph, matte and backing board should not exceed 16” X 20”
7. All entries must be delivered to the Lewes Chamber of Commerce, 120 Kings Highway, between March 20 and March 27, 10:00 am - 4:00 pm, on a Monday-Friday. NOTE: NOT OPEN ON SATURDAY, MARCH 25 & SUNDAY, MARCH 26. DEADLINE IS MONDAY, MARCH 27 BY 4 PM.
8. Entry forms and a photo release form must be completed at the time of submission. Photographs may be used in future publicity by the sponsoring organization.
9. The cost to enter is $5 per submission and a maximum of five entries per photographer may be submitted. Payment must be made at the time of submission.
8. Judges reserve the right to disqualify entries not adhering to the rules.
1. Monetary awards of will be made for first, second and third place in each of the five subject categories at the Awards Ceremony on Saturday, April 8 at 2:00 pm.
2. A Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 cash award.
3. A People’s Choice Award also will be awarded this year from ballots submitted by visitors who attend the three-day exhibit in Zwaanendael Park on April 6, 7, & 8. On the 8th the last ballot cast will be at Noon in order to tabulate before the Awards Ceremony at 2 pm.
Judges Local professional photographers, will judge the entries for awards.