Entrepreneurs considering starting a business in 2019 are invited to register for a free “How to Start a Business” workshop in Sussex County, offered by the Delaware Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
The workshops are free of charge but you must preregister online by visiting the website: www.DelawareSBDC.org
. Workshop topics will include:
- Determining whether you have the right industry experience for the business;
- Learning what capital is needed to get started;
- Learning how to apply for a loan and what your down payment should be;
- Risks involved in starting a business;
- Types of business structures and business licenses;
- Why business plans and market research are important;
- Developing a business timeline; and
- How to register for free, one-on-one business advising.
“If 2019 is the year you plan to start your dream business, why not get a jump start on the planning process in December,” said David G. Root, Center Director for the Sussex SBDC. “Once entrepreneurs have taken the start-up workshop, they can then request to begin meeting one-on-one with a business advisor to assist with the business planning process.”