“Lewes Lights: Making Spirits Bright” is seeking City of Lewes homes and businesses
to sign up for our holiday driving tour by November 27th @ 5:00 by registering on our website www.LewesLights.org
To spread holiday joy and close out 2020 with positivity, light, and merriment, Lewes residents Debra Evalds & Christian Mullins have created a new Lewes Christmas tradition that will lift spirits and bring a boost of December business to merchants in our community. Whether your home has simple decorations like candles and wreaths or an over the top “Clark Griswold” light display, all are encouraged to participate!
Who? Lewes homeowners and businesses are asked to light, decorate, and register their properties. The organizers envision families gathering together to decorate their homes, neighbors coordinating to decorate streets, and even younger neighbors lending older neighbors a hand in putting up lights.
What? Lewes homeowners and businesses will register to light up their homes or properties with outside decorations to make our city shine at night from 12/4-12/31, dusk to 9:00. All will be shown on an interactive map of Lewes, so spectators can drive by, enjoy the lights, and celebrate the holiday season in a COVID-19 safe way. City of Lewes Homeowners can opt-in to compete for awards in 5 festive categories, plus a “Fun & Frosty” kid’s choice award and an award for jolliest street. The Award competition is only for the City of Lewes, but we will list all registered homes in the 19958 on our online map for viewing. The more the merrier!
When? NOW! Registration is open for all homeowners & business owners to register their addresses.
• November 27th: Last day for homeowners and businesses to register their address on www.leweslights.org. During the registration process, you will have the option to opt out of competing and just be on the tour map. Homeowner names will not be listed on the map or website.
Only addresses will be shown on the map.
• December 1st: The Lewes Lights map will be available on www.leweslights.org
• December 4th: Opening Ceremony of Lewes Lights. Join us live on Facebook or in-person @ 5:30 PM on Sussex Drive (Highland Acres) where Santa will flip the switch to turn on the lights and kick-off the driving tour of mapped homes in the City of Lewes
• December 25rd: Award winners are announced! Merry Christmas!
• December 31st: Last night of Lewes Lights Tour
Why? To lift community spirits and bring shoppers & diners into downtown Lewes to support our businesses that have struggled this year. Despite many holiday cancellations, we will safely celebrate in Lewes!
Stay Connected: For more information on registering, viewing lights, award categories, important dates, and events go to www.LewesLights.org or email us at [email protected]. Follow us on social media for updates and event alerts! “Lewes Lights” on Facebook and Instagram.